Setting up a new SMSF
Setting up a Self Managed Super Fund, which is highly effective and caters for your individual needs, is a complex process.
Set up incorrectly can lead to your Self Managed Super Fund returns being diminished by thousands in unnecessary taxes and penalties. It could also limit your abilities to borrow funds to purchase property in your Super Fund, or to pass money down to future generations as you had intended.
Baggetta & Co will organise all the necessary paperwork to get the fund ready to accept contributions and investments. We only use trust deeds that are issued from a competent legal firm that allow for members in either pension or accumulation phase, or a mixture of both.
Upon application of a new Self Managed Super Fund we will provide you with:
- A Trust Deed
- Tax File Number and Australian Business Number
- GST Registration (if applicable)
- Minutes, Members Application Forms and Member Advice Notices
- Trustee Declaration and Consent to Act Forms
- Notification of Beneficiaries Form.
Baggetta & Co will also help you:
- To understand your obligations and responsibilities
- Arrange for your super trust deed to maximise advanced tax, investment and estate planning opportunities
- Ensure your Fund is set up to allow you to borrow to buy investment properties in your Super Fund, if applicable
- Determine the right number of members in you Super Fund
- Assessing whether having an individual or corporate trustee is the most appropriate for your Super Fund
- Set up the corporate trustee, if applicable
- Handle all transfers, rollovers, relevant binding forms, ASIC and ATO application forms and trustee declarations
- Notify employers or payroll administrators and organise member life and income insurance
- Evaluate your needs and design your investment strategy.
If you would like further information about our services, contact Paul Baggetta on 9317 7300.
Can I put money into super when I’m 65 or over?
December 29, 2018
Super – know your rights
December 16, 2018
Super investment options- what’s right for you?
December 10, 2018
Subscribe to the Baggetta newsletter to stay updated with regular industry and company news.